Cleaning your kitchen is one of the most, if not the most used room in your home and with food, drinks, and dishes it needs a good clean each day and after every use. We have broken down the best cleaning tricks to ensure success, time management and maintaining a germ free environment.
- Little & Often - this cannot be said enough, and it counts for any cleaning job. If you tackle it little and often the task will never build up and become unmanageable. So leading us to the kitchen, if you tidy up after every use, the kitchen will always remain clean and clutter-free.
- Have a cloth handy, i.e next to the sink so it's more than easy to grab it to give the counters a wipe down. The importance of having a useful tool within arms reach counts for everything and it will be the deciding factor as to whether your partner, or your kids use it to wipe down after them.
- Set a roster for big tasks such as the oven, freezer clear out, washing machine clean. This way you won't forget, the task can be shared, and the grease, grime and dirt will never build up so the job is put in the too hard basket.
- Use a product that works AND you like to use. The easiest way of getting out of cleaning is if the product either doesn't work well, or the smell is offensive to you. We recommend trying our Astonish Oven Cleaner, which is shaped like a soap bar within a small box, its very affordable and lasts a very long time as it uses minimal product per usage. Simply take your sponge/scourer, wet and rub against the oven cleaner, then you're ready to tackle to walls and screen of your oven. Meanwhile soak your oven trays in warm water with 2 dishwasher tablets, this will help melt away grease and should simply wipe off clean once you're ready to dry and return to the oven.
- When wiping down the bench tops don't forget to lastly disinfect, Sklean kills 99.9% of germs and fills the room with calming fragrance. Simply use neat or diluted to disinfectant handles - doors, drawers, oven, fridge, freezer and appliance handles - all of these are considered high traffic areas where germs are more likely to settle.
- Lastly, If you are running low on time, or you simply can't find the motivation to clean up after dinner, do yourself a favour and soak the dishes in the sink. This will ensure they are easy to clean in the morning, and the water will harbour some of the bad odour.